Sunday, September 18, 2016

Enchanté ! (Nice to meet you!)

Bonjour mes amis!  I'm Alyssum, and I want to show you around Paris!  I'm a California native, and fell head over heels in love with Paris on my third visit (why not the first?!).  My husband and I began traveling there...let's just say in an earlier decade...and we are very fortunate to have owned a second home in the city since 2010.  This enables us to spend weeks at a time, several times each year, in the place that inspires, relaxes and recharges us.  We've explored Paris with our children and grandchildren, groups of friends, just the two of us, and individually, and know the city perhaps better than our own hometown.  But there are always new things to see and do (and eat!), and we never tire of it.



In this blog, I hope to share things that will be helpful for both a first-time visitor and those with a few more trips under their belt.  I frequently have friends who ask me what to see and do, how to get around, where to eat, etc. when they head to Paris for the first time.  Sometimes a guide book can be a little overwhelming -- there are just so many sights to choose from, and the language barrier and cultural differences can be a little intimidating.  I've come up with a simplified list of sights and hints that are perfect for a first visit, which I give to them (and I will share with you!), but I always wish I could expound on some of the topics without overwhelming.  So that's how this blog came into being.  I hope you find it helpful!  Thanks for following me!

Alyssum            

No comments:

Post a Comment